Women in Cinema News:
- We had a great turn out at last week's Documentary Panel meeting. We were joined by great guest speakers-- Laura Sobel, Rakeda Lashae, and Mike Nicholson-- who gave sound advice about the documentary world. They weren't hesitant to give candid responses and share insightful anecdotes. Keep a look out for the videos we'll post from the meeting!
- Last Wednesday, Slacker 2011 had its premiere at the Paramount Theater which included the Women in Cinema produced scene. The film was a hit! It'll play again every Sunday in September at the Alamo Drafthouse.
- Quick reminder that dues to join Women in Cinema are $10/semester and $20/school year. Your membership helps us offer amazing speakers, workshops and events!
- Check out Mike Nicholson's documentary Better this World next week: Airtime: Tuesday, Sept. 6 - 9pm CST on KLRU (PBS); Streaming online from Sept. 6 - Oct. 6 here: betterthisworld.com/POV ; Available to stream to iPad/iPhone starting today via the PBS app. Details here: betterthisworld.com/iPad ; FB and Twitter: facebook.com/betterthisworld twitter.com/betterthisworld
- Women in Cinema will be having a Camera/Lighting/Sound workshop this upcoming Saturday, September 10th from 10am-5pm at Picturebox Studio, where we will be going over basic camera, sound, and lighting. There is still time to RSVP, so email us and let us know if you'd like to attend.
- Our next Guest Speaker Meeting will be on Tuesday, September 27th. We'll be joined by editor extraordinaire Sandra Adair. Mark your calendar now!